(This article has been updated to include official information from the publisher. It has been updated again to show the final cover for the book and some additional details about its contents, which are shown at the end.)
Don’t you love Amazon? I mean, it’s super convenient, and reliable most of the times, it offers good prices all around the world… and on top of that, it also specializes in leaks!
We just learned that «Eberron: Rising from the Last War» has been made available through Amazon earlier today. It is, as described, a D&D Campaign Setting and Adventure Book. A super nice and very-long awaited for hardcover that will be released on November 19th. There are no details about the page count, or even if the cover is final (we secretly hope it’s not, as we’d die for a Wayne Reynolds masterwork!)
This is the ext that accompanies the item entry:
Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign sourcebook for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.
This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron—a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age or will the shadow of war descend once again?
• Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of floating castles, skyscrapers, and more.
• Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and noirish intrigue and a crossroads for the world’s war-ravaged peoples.
• Include a campaign for characters venturing into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.
• Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer—the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player’s Handbook.
• Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron—a background for your whole party.
• Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player’s Handbook.
• Confront horrific monsters born from the world’s devastating wars.
We can’t hardly wait for November 19th! You can check the Amazon entry for this item here.
Wizards of the Coast updated its website today featuring this title. Most information reported earlier is correct, and now we know the cover by Ben Oliver is final, but that an alternate one will also be available. This has been designed by Vance Kelly (the same in charge of the alternate cover for Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes) and will be sold only in hobby stores. The regular version will also be sold via Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and D&D Beyond.
Greg Tito and Jeremy Crawford have given additional details about the contents:
- New races: changelings*, goblinoids, kalashtar*, orcs, shifters* and warforged*.
Dragonmarks: all twelve* plus the aberrant ones*.
- New background: House Agent*
- New class: Artificer (three sub-classes, only one in WGtE)
- 11 Group Patrons
- Over 100 pages of adventure seeds along with maps for the continent of Khorvaire
- Adventure: «Forgotten Relics»
- 38 monsters and NPCs
- Symbiont Magic Items
- And of course, new art!
The ones marked with an asterisk will be included in the Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron, released last year via an update at the DM’s Guild. I just wanted to add that «Forgotten Relics» is the title I gave to my second campaign set in Eberron many many years ago.
Finally, Wizards of the Coast is now showing this illustration as the final regular cover for the book.