Will Kenrith is a planeswalker who competes at the stadium of Valor’s Reach on Kylem. Will specializes in Ice magic.
“Are you sure this is going to work?”
Will is the twin brother of Rowan Kenrith. No one knows where the mysterious pair came from or why they felt the need to test themselves on Valor’s Reach. But anyone who faces them in battle realizes very quickly their ability to reinforce each other’s powers is a force to be reckoned with.
In Dungeons & Dragons
Your inner magic comes from the Elemental Ice. Many with this power can trace it back to some ancestor barely surviving a blizzard or other extreme cold weather by becoming one with the Absolute Zero.
- Cold as Ice. Starting at 1st level, you can speak, read and write Primordial, as well as its dialects, mainly Aquan and Auran. Additionally, you get no penalties from moving through slippery terrain due to ice or frost. Finally, you have advantage when rolling saving throws against the effects of adverse cold weather conditions.
- Crystal Heart. At 6th level, you gain the ability to withstand energy that emulates the freezing elements of the Absolute Zero. You gain resistance to cold damage. Cold spells that you cast ignore resistance to cold damage.
- Blizzard Fury. Starting at 14th level, when you cast a spell that deals cold damage, magic erupts from you in sharp ice flakes and temperature drop. Creatures within 10 feet of you take cold damage equal to your sorcerer level unless they succeed in a Constitution saving throw. Additionally, when hit by a melee attack, you can use your reaction to deal cold damage to the attacker. This damage equals to your sorcerer level, ignores resistance to cold damage and reduces the speed of the target in half until the end of their turn.
- One With the Absolute Zero. Once you reach 18th level, you gain immunity to cold damage. Spells you cast that deal cold damage treat immunity to cold damage as resistance to cold damage instead.
Additionally to these features, Frost Sorcerers also have a new metamagic option.
- Piercing Cold. When you cast a spell that deals damage, you can spend 1 sorcery point to have half that damage turn into cold damage and the pther half turn into piercing damage as the cold solidifies in sharp icicles. As with Empowered Spell, you can use this Metamagic option even if you have used already a different one during the casting of the spell.
Have you twisted any other sorcerous origin for your campaign? How did it go? Let us know in the comments!